Massachusetts Covered Bridges
Sturbridge, Conway, Greenfield, Sheffield, Westfield Mass. Historic Covered Bridges
New England is known worldwide for its many historic covered bridges, and the state of Massachusetts is no exception. Some folks refer to these bridges as “Kissing Bridges”. The picturesque Massachusetts covered bridge is more than just attractive to look at, covered bridges are also practical. They provide a great place to find cover from the hot sun, to hide out from the rain, or to look down into the water passing below. Old bridges were usually constructed out of wood, as it was the most readily available resource. Due to inclement weather these old wooden bridges often deteriorated after only 9 years. Covering them extended their life to easily 80 + years. Many of the most famous Massachusetts Covered Bridges are found in the Berkshires region of western Ma. Ask us about visiting Massachusetts or share comments. To feature your MA business, contact us.
MA Guide To Covered Bridges
Bissel Bridge Portal
Constructed in 1951
span: 90 Ft.
Location: Alongside MA 8A about 0.5 miles north of 8A junction with MA2 in Charlemont.
Constructed in 1874
Length: 55 Ft.
Spans: Mill Pond & Quinebaug River
Location: Old Sturbridge Village
Constructed in 1937
Length: 68 Ft.
Spans: Quinebaug River
Location: Old Sturbridge Village
Constructed in 1970
Length: 106 Ft.
Span: 104 Ft.
Location: Alongside MA 116 On the south side of the road just west of Conway.
Creamery Bridge Portal
Constructed in 1985
Length: 40 Ft.
Span: 38 Ft.
Location: On the south side of Creamery Road, south of the village of Ashfield.
Pumping Station Bridge
Constructed in 1972
Length: 95 Ft.
Span: 93 Ft.
Location: Take Conway Street north out of Greenfield off MA2A. Drive 1.5 miles north and take a left immediately after crossing a steel and concrete bridge. Proceed 0.8 miles passing the Greenfield Municipal Park on the right. Take a right and in 0.1 miles take another right on Plain Road. Travel 2.9 miles north to the unmarked Eunice Williams Drive. The bridge is 0.2 miles down this road.
Upper Sheffield Bridge
Constructed in 1996
Length: 93 Ft.
Span: 91 Ft.
Location: Take US 7, about 0.8 miles north of Sheffield, then right (east) 0.2 miles to the bridge.
Arthur Smith Bridge
Constructed in 1870
Length: 99 Ft.
Span: 97 Ft.
Location: 1.2 miles southwest of Colrain on MA112, then right 0.1 miles on Lyonsville Road to the bridge. In a farmer’s field waiting for rehabilitation.
C. Waterous Bridge
Originally built in 1848, rebuilt in 1962
Length: 108 Ft.
Span: Nashua River
Location: Groton Street
Constructed in 1886
Length: 137 Ft.
Spans: Ware River
Location: Bridge Street
Sawyer Pond Bridge
Constructed in 1990
Location: Across Sawyer pond northeast of Manchester. MA Rt. 127 east 2.9 miles from the junction of Brook St. in Manchester, north on Magnolia Av. 0.4 miles to the bridge.
Constructed in 1998
Length: 16 Ft.
Location: Across dry land northeast of Methuen. MA113 east 3.4 miles from the junction with MA28 in Methuen, north on MA110 1.8 miles, continue north on Bradley Av. 0.9 miles, west on Lake St. 0.25 miles, continue west on North St. 0.8 miles to the bridge on the N. side of the road.
Constructed in 1965
Length: 40 Ft.
Location: South section of Westfield in Stanley Park over a pond. 2.2 miles southwest of the junction of I-90 at exit 3 on North Elm Street then right 0.6 miles on Court Street and right again on Western Avenue 0.9 miles to Kensington Avenue, left 0.1 miles to the bridge.
New England Covered Bridges
- INSULATING WARMTH TO-GO: There’s a reason our winter skull cap was featured in Runner’s World as one of the Best Winter Hats. Incredibly warm, our skull cap beanie is ideal for running and outdoor work, featuring Thermo Stretch to protect you in temperatures as low as 15 degrees Fahrenheit. The lightweight stretchy insulation is guaranteed to keep you warm, no matter the activity.
- TWO IS BETTER THAN ONE: Who said less is more? We included a 2-multipack option pairs of our most popular colors to give you more flexibility in your helmet skullcap decision making. Double down on warmth, quality, and style with our skull caps and helmet liners for men.
- STRETCHY, COMFORT FIT: You’ll never have to buy another one! Our motorcycle helmet liner has exceptional 4-way stretch and recovery so that you can use it year after year. Not only is it stretchy for ultimate comfort and usability, but it’s the perfect multi-season hat.
- NO SWEAT: Tired of needing to constantly wipe sweat from your face? Run without distraction! Our sweat wicking, lightweight, and breathable running beanie for men absorbs sweat and keeps it away from eyes and forehead. Best of all, it won’t retain any odor!
- DURABLE FOR REPEAT PERFORMANCE: Don’t let the winter cold keep you indoors. Whether you use it for winter hard hat liners, a cycling warm hat, or running skull cap, it can take a beating. Made with very high quality poly-material, it will last year after year.
- HELMET FRIENDLY: Fits nicely under all helmets, whether you are using it as a stand-alone running cap or as winter hard hat liners. The form fitting design keeps hair neatly out of the face and provides a slick, sliding surface for easy on and off helmet wearing.
- ONE SIZE FITS MOST: With our 89% polyester 11% spandex blend, our skull cap helmet liner running beanie will fit comfortably, even if you have an Einstein-sized noggin!
- Vermont Historic Covered Bridges
- New England Covered Bridges
- Lightweight, Classic fit, Double-needle sleeve and bottom hem
- Non Ticking Mechanism: Precise quartz sweep movement guarantees accurate time and absolutely silent environment.
- Vintage Style: Perfect decorative wall clock for dining rooms, living rooms, family rooms, bedrooms, study room, kitchen, office, or conference room.
- Easy to Read: Large black numbers are clear to read, front glass cover guarantees perfect view and keeps dust away from dial.
- Easy to Hang: Come with a hook, wide slot in back for easy hanging. Battery powered, requires one AA zinc carbon battery (not included). (Alkaline battery or rechargeable battery which may have influence on the life span of clock movement, as well as the accuracy of the time).
- Full Satisfaction Guarantee: If you are unhappy with this clock for any reason, contact us within 90 days for a full refund or replacement. There's also a 365 day quality guarantee against defective parts.
- Box of 15 Christmas Cards / 16 Deluxe Gold Foil Lined Envelopes.
- Proudly made in the U.S.A. on durable card stock.
- Christmas cards measure 4 1/2"x6 1/4" folded.
- Packed in an attractive red box.
- Inside Greeting: May your holiday season be perfect in every way. Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!
New England Living Magazine