Massachusetts Covered Bridges
Sturbridge, Conway, Greenfield, Sheffield, Westfield Mass. Historic Covered Bridges
New England is known worldwide for its many historic covered bridges, and the state of Massachusetts is no exception. Some folks refer to these bridges as “Kissing Bridges”. The picturesque Massachusetts covered bridge is more than just attractive to look at, covered bridges are also practical. They provide a great place to find cover from the hot sun, to hide out from the rain, or to look down into the water passing below. Old bridges were usually constructed out of wood, as it was the most readily available resource. Due to inclement weather these old wooden bridges often deteriorated after only 9 years. Covering them extended their life to easily 80 + years. Many of the most famous Massachusetts Covered Bridges are found in the Berkshires region of western Ma. Ask us about visiting Massachusetts or share comments. To feature your MA business, contact us.
MA Guide To Covered Bridges
Bissel Bridge Portal
Constructed in 1951
span: 90 Ft.
Location: Alongside MA 8A about 0.5 miles north of 8A junction with MA2 in Charlemont.
Constructed in 1874
Length: 55 Ft.
Spans: Mill Pond & Quinebaug River
Location: Old Sturbridge Village
Constructed in 1937
Length: 68 Ft.
Spans: Quinebaug River
Location: Old Sturbridge Village
Constructed in 1970
Length: 106 Ft.
Span: 104 Ft.
Location: Alongside MA 116 On the south side of the road just west of Conway.
Creamery Bridge Portal
Constructed in 1985
Length: 40 Ft.
Span: 38 Ft.
Location: On the south side of Creamery Road, south of the village of Ashfield.
Pumping Station Bridge
Constructed in 1972
Length: 95 Ft.
Span: 93 Ft.
Location: Take Conway Street north out of Greenfield off MA2A. Drive 1.5 miles north and take a left immediately after crossing a steel and concrete bridge. Proceed 0.8 miles passing the Greenfield Municipal Park on the right. Take a right and in 0.1 miles take another right on Plain Road. Travel 2.9 miles north to the unmarked Eunice Williams Drive. The bridge is 0.2 miles down this road.
Upper Sheffield Bridge
Constructed in 1996
Length: 93 Ft.
Span: 91 Ft.
Location: Take US 7, about 0.8 miles north of Sheffield, then right (east) 0.2 miles to the bridge.
Arthur Smith Bridge
Constructed in 1870
Length: 99 Ft.
Span: 97 Ft.
Location: 1.2 miles southwest of Colrain on MA112, then right 0.1 miles on Lyonsville Road to the bridge. In a farmer’s field waiting for rehabilitation.
C. Waterous Bridge
Originally built in 1848, rebuilt in 1962
Length: 108 Ft.
Span: Nashua River
Location: Groton Street
Constructed in 1886
Length: 137 Ft.
Spans: Ware River
Location: Bridge Street
Sawyer Pond Bridge
Constructed in 1990
Location: Across Sawyer pond northeast of Manchester. MA Rt. 127 east 2.9 miles from the junction of Brook St. in Manchester, north on Magnolia Av. 0.4 miles to the bridge.
Constructed in 1998
Length: 16 Ft.
Location: Across dry land northeast of Methuen. MA113 east 3.4 miles from the junction with MA28 in Methuen, north on MA110 1.8 miles, continue north on Bradley Av. 0.9 miles, west on Lake St. 0.25 miles, continue west on North St. 0.8 miles to the bridge on the N. side of the road.
Constructed in 1965
Length: 40 Ft.
Location: South section of Westfield in Stanley Park over a pond. 2.2 miles southwest of the junction of I-90 at exit 3 on North Elm Street then right 0.6 miles on Court Street and right again on Western Avenue 0.9 miles to Kensington Avenue, left 0.1 miles to the bridge.
New England Covered Bridges
- 【Trendy Sunglasses for Women】Arms with flattering line and hollowing design creating aesthetically pleasing frame appearance, getting these womens sunglasses and you remarkable! Move freely and confidently throughout your day with this elegant lightweight sunglass for an unforgettable style.
- 【Flexible TR90 Plastic Arms + Nickel-free Comfort Metal Frame】 Fit snugly on the face, but don't hurt your nasal bridge or squeeze head. Soft silicone pads keep the glasses from sliding, which can be adjusted to fit different nose shapes and change the height the glasses sit on your face, providing all-day-long wearable comfort.
- 【HD Polarized. UV400. Unbreakable Polycarbonate Lenses】Blocking out 100% of all UVA, UVB, thicken lenses can Reduce glare, Increase your visual comfort, Sharpen the contrast between light and dark, Make objects clearer, Reduce eye strain, Allow you to see true colors.
- 【Large Covered Sunglasses for Better Protection】Carfia safety polarized sunglasses with strengthen lens coverage against sunlight, Perfect for outdoor activities, along the beach, taking photos, driving and anything else the sun throws at you! Size Data - Lens width: 61mm / Lens height: 49 mm / Bridge: 13mm / Arm: 142mm / Frame width: 140mm. Flexible Suitable for large and small faces, various face shapes.
- Whether you're trying to set a fresh trend or maybe add to your everyday look, they are just what you will need. Package included:【1* Women Sunglasses】【1* Soft Lenses Wipe】【1* Polarization Testing Card】【1* Protective Vegan Leather Sunglasses Case】【1* Another Hard Protection Box】【1 Year Warranty】
- Great gift idea anyone who appreciates rustic or country designs.
- Classic New Hampshire Covered Bridge NH
- 16” x 16” bag with two 14” long and 1” wide black cotton webbing strap handles.
- Made of a lightweight, spun polyester canvas-like fabric.
- All seams and stress points are double-stitched for durability, and the reinforced bottom flattens to fit more items and hold larger objects.
- Spot clean/dry clean only.
- Vermont Historic Covered Bridges
- New England Covered Bridges
- Lightweight, Classic fit, Double-needle sleeve and bottom hem
Inns | Hotels | Resorts | Vacation Rentals
Real Estate | Products
Dining | Attractions | Business
History | Weather | Beaches
Fishing | Golfing | Towns
Art Galleries | Massachusetts Shopping
New England Living Magazine
Free World Mall
Country Weddings | New England Recipes
Masschusetts Inns | Red Sox Gifts | Travel Destinations